[jahsonic.com] - [Next >>]
Related: mainstream - normal - common
- Serving as or conforming to a standard of measurement or value.
- Widely recognized or employed as a model of authority or excellence: a standard reference work. see also classic
- Acceptable but of less than top quality: a standard grade of beef.
- Normal, familiar, or usual: the standard excuse.
- Commonly used or supplied: standard car equipment. --American Heritage Dictionary
A requirement of moral conduct. Often used in the plural. --American Heritage Dictionary
Standard (jazz)Jazz standard refers to a tune that is widely known among jazz musicians. As jazz is actually a range of musical styles, musicians and bands can vary in their "standards" according to what type of jazz they play. Most professional bands will have repertories with many more tunes than the "standards", but they will usually be sure to include some standards in an evening's performance, and have them ready to play in case of request. --http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz_Standard
List of jazz standardshttp://amadeus.siba.fi/~eonttone/standard.html jazz standards
Standard (Music)A composition that is continually used in repertoires especially in jazz
your Amazon recommendations - Jahsonic - early adopter products